Brunei is an Asian country that has a rich fishing economy. Brunei is located at the south eastern part of Asia, and it neighbors Malaysia. Brunei\’s capital city is Bandar Seri Begawan. Brunei has many historic sites and natural beauties to show case to its visitors. Touring Brunei will make you fall in love with nature through the eco-tours, the Brunei culture by the beauty of the mosques and friendly nature of the locals; and the seaside by the fun at the beach. However, as a foreigner and tourist in Brunei, be acknowledged that alcohol and meat that is not ‘halal’ certified is illegal. Thus, ensure you have not carried such meat into Brunei and avid taking alcohol in any place within the state.?There are four ways of entering Brunei. Brunei has only one international airport: the Brunei International Airport that is served by the Royal Brunei Airlines. The international destinations into Brunei are: Dubai, London, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Perth, Auckland, Brisbane and Kota Kinabalu. Other airlines that serve the international flights are: Singapore Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, and Air Asia. The two main border crossings into Brunei from Malaysia are: Miri and Limbang, through which visitors can enter Malaysia.There is also a road connecting Sarawak in Malaysia to Limbang and Lawas towns in Brunei. Buses are available in Sarawak-Malaysia that trasoport people to Kuala Belait in Brunei. Another option is using buses at Limbang CSarawak to arrive at the capital city but they will have to change buses at the border in Kuala Lurah. Kota Kinibalu is also another bus point to board a bus and reach the capital city of Brunei. Ferry?transport?from Labuan, Lawas, Sundar (Sarawak), Kota Kinabalu and Sabah to Brunei\’s terminal at Muara.Brunei\’s accommodation consists of a wide range of hotels, resorts, beach villas, guesthouses and apartments to choose from. The capital city, Bandar Seri Begawan, provides good quality facilities. Rooms and homes can be booked online with an array of prices to enable you to budget for the nights to spend in Brunei.Brunei has well equipped delightful restaurants. The cuisines are of a wide variety, whereby some of them have been imported through foreign, professional chefs from different countries. The popular local cuisines are the nasikatok C that consists of rice and curried meat with spices; and ambuyat C consisting of a sago paste.Brunei has numerous attraction sites especially historic sites because of its six centuries of existence as a Sultan-ruled kingdom. Some of its tourist sites are:
- The Jame\’Asr Hassanil Bolkiah Mosque C This is an enormous religious site situated in Kampong Kiarong. Its applauding architectural designs make it one of the top attractions of Brunei. It is visited by tourists only on Thursday of every week.
- The Royal Regalia Museum showcases many collections of artifacts from the ancient dynasties that existed in Brunei several centuries ago.
- Brunei History Center – Brunei\’s history can be best learnt in this center.
- Omar Ali Saifuddin Mosque C the site of this mosque is beautiful. The mosque stands on a lagoon next to the Brunei River.
- The Istana NurulIma Palace C it is the largest palace in Brunei. It has a great attractive site with amazing landscape design and architectural features. Tourists can visit the palace only during a festival known as Hari Raya Puasa. The palace is currently where the country\’s sultan lives.
- Jerudong Theme Park is a free public place to hang around with loved ones, have a picnic and chat as you enjoy the fresh air, the fun rides and buy favorite items from the kiosks within the park.